The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year we reached over 75 million people directly and 758 million people overall including online, broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
British Council East Asia is committed to developing partnerships, collaborations and opportunities for the UK and East Asia in the arts and creative industries.
If you are viewing this site and no application forms appear below, it means that the application period has passed. Please check our schedules posted on British Council East Asia country pages.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Digital Connections Through Culture Scotland Open Call. The British Council in China is working with Scottish Government to pilot a Digital Connections through Culture exchange and collaboration programme, using digital technologies to connect cultural leaders and creative practitioners and organisations. The programme will focus on those participating from China collaborating digitally with those participating from Scotland on a key area of shared interest, with themes focusing on social inclusion, sustainability, and gender equality.
This page is open only during the application period. Kindly check the British Council social media networks (UKNow 艺述英国) for updates.
Application will start on 30 November Monday, 9:00 GMT+8 and will close on 18 December, 23:59 GMT+8 (Please check your timezone).
By submitting this application form, you agree to the following:
1) The information in this application is true and correct.
2) We will use this application form and the other information you give us, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
- To decide whether to offer you a place in the digital phase
- To provide copies to other individuals or organisations who are helping us award and monitor the programme. After we reach a decision, we may also tell them the outcome of your application and, if appropriate, why we did not offer you a place.
- To hold in our database and use for statistical purposes.
British Council will use the information that you are providing in connection with processing your registration. The legal basis for processing your information is agreement with our terms of registration (contract).